Mon - Fri 9 am - 7 pm EST,
Sat  9 am - 3 pm EST,

Regular Hours 1800-890-3731

After Hours Emergency 727-902-9316

Need Help? | Frequently asked questions
Book Online or Call us Toll free 1-800-890-3731

New Routes Washington-Delhi and Providence R.I.-Cork for July 2017


India-U.S.A. Connections just got stronger
Air India's first ever direct flight connecting Washington Dulles Airport with Delhi India has begun. From 7th July Air India will fly three times a week with Boeing 777-300's. In 2015-16 281,000 Indian citizens visited the region, making it the fourth largest travel market. The Indian tourist trade is expected to double by 2025. Washington Dulles is Air India's fifth US destination after New York JFK, New York Newark, Chicago O’Hare and San Francisco.
Qatar starts Doha-Nice Route
In a further expansion, Qatar Airways has resumed its Doha-Nice service after a four-year break.Previously Qatar serviced Nice via Milan Malpensa. The new flights will take place from July 7. 787-8's will fly the route, and there is no competition. Qatar's competitor, Emirates, flies Dubai-Nice with Airbus A380;s, Nice is the largest French Airport outside Paris. It is the gateway to the South of France and the world famous Cote d'Azur.
Red Letter Day at Cork Airport, Ireland
July 1 was an important landmark at Cork Airport, in the South of the Irish Republic, as it saluted the departure of its first ever scheduled transatlantic flight to Providence, Rhode Island. Low-cost carrier Norwegian was the lucky airline. The service will be three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) in summer and twice a week (Thursday and Sunday) in the winter. At the moment the flights will be operated by Boeing 787-300's until such time as Norwegian takes delivery of its new 737 Max 8's.It has taken a long time getting to this position with negotiations with U.S. Aviation authorities starting way back last year.
Cork Airport
Opened in 1961, Cork Airport has gone from strength to strength winning the Best Airport in Europe (in its class) at a recent awards ceremony.Flying into Cork is a smart move for Norwegian as the Cork Region has 24% of Ireland's population (1.16 million people) and has a range of international businesses based there, employing 34,000 people. It is anticipated that 38,000 people will use the route in year one. There are strong historical and family ties between the two countries, and the estimation is that 55% of the traffic will come from the U.S.A. and the other 45% from Ireland. Aside from tourism, there has been major emigration from Ireland to the U.S.A., even in recent times.
Two Tourist trails: Irelands Ancient East and the Wild Atlantic Way are situated close by, so the airport is very convenient for American sight-seers. Cork is also the port from which the Titanic departed on its ill-fated maiden voyage (it was then called Queenstown). Ireland, in general, is heavily reliant on tourism and the opening of another international transatlantic airport, this time in the unserved South coast, must be great news for the hospitality industry. The next closest international airport is Shannon, which is approximately seventy-four miles away. This is a busy time for Norwegian, and for Irish aviation, with transatlantic services being launched from three Irish Airports (Belfast in Northern Ireland and Shannon and Dublin in the Republic). A new Scottish service, to the capital Edinburgh, has also commenced.
It is a busy time for low-cost carrier Norwegian and a very good time for travel to Ireland.Norwegian are bringing new employment opportunities, both at the airport and in business success that better access to Ireland will create. And it goes without saying that the airfares being offered are very competitive.