- Aer Lingus
- Aerolineas Argentina
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Caraibes
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Jamaica
- Air New Zealand
- Air North Airlines
- Air Pacific (Fiji Airways)
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Air Tran
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Bahamas air
- Bemidji Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Bulgaria Air
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- China Southern Airline
- Condor Airlines
- Copa airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Egypt air
- Emirates Air
- Eva Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- IndiGo Air
- Israel Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Malaysia airlines
- Mesa Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- SAS Scandinavian
- Saudi Arabian
- Singapore airlines
- South African
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Srilankan airlines
- Sun Country
- Swiss International
- Taca Airlines
- TAM airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukrainian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia Airlines
Singapore airlinesGeneral | Contact Info | Baggage Info | Traveling with Children | Traveling with Pets
Singapore airlines LinksAirline Code:SQ Website:www.singaporeair.com Frequent Flyer Program: Lounge: Airline Alliance:Star Alliance Magazine:SilverKris
Reservations from the USA: +1 (800) 742-3333 (toll free within the USA)
Code-share PartnersAir Canada Air New Zealand Asiana Airlines Lufthansa Airlines Turkish Airlines
Passengers traveling to to/from Canada and the U.S.:
Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
Maximum Weight: 70 lb/32 kg
Krisflyer Elite Gold Members are allowed one extra bag.
PPS Club Members are allowed 100% extra free allowance (4 bags).
Passengers traveling in all other destinations:
Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 44 lb/20 kg total
Maximum Weight for Raffles Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
Maximum Weight for First Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
Krisflyer Elite Gold Members are allowed an extra 44 lb/20 kg of baggae.
PPS Club Members are allowed 100% extra free allowance.
Baggage Weight Limitations
In accordance with the local occupational safety rules, passengers travelling to and from Australia, Brunei, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom, should note that your checked baggage cannot exceed 32 kg per piece. Any excess baggage above your allowance is chargeable.
Under the Singapore Airlines' cabin baggage policy, each passenger will be allowed the following cabin baggage allowance:
- Quantity : 1 piece for Economy Class passengers
2 pieces for Suites, First and Business Class passengers*
- Dimensions : Length + Breadth + Height (including protrusions) must not exceed 115 cm (45") in
total and can be stowed securely
- WEIGHT : UP TO 7 KG
The following baggage items are deemed to constitute one piece of cabin baggage:
- Trolley Bag : 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (22" x 16" x 8")
- Garment Bag : Dimension not exceeding 115 cm (45") and thickness not exceeding 20 cm (8") when
- Briefcase : 50 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm (20" x 16" x 10")
*Subject to local country specific requirements, aircraft cabin space and stowage availability.
You may carry onboard the articles listed below free of charge, over and above your free baggage allowance (subject to local country specific restrictions, if any): a lady’s handbag, an overcoat, an umbrella or walking stick, a laptop or notebook computer, a small camera, a reasonable amount of reading material for the flight, Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket, a pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic devices for the passenger’s use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.
Tickets for children must be bought together with an adult ticket where the travelling adult is at least 18 years of age
• Children are eligible for special fares if between the ages of 2 to11 on the date of departure.
• A booking made before a child's 12th birthday, for departure on or after this day, will no longer be eligible for the child fare.
• In most cases, children are usually charged a percentage of the applicable adult fare.
I am traveling with Infants; can I make booking with infants on singaporeair.com?
Singapore Airlines allows you to book your itinerary with Infants on singaporeair.com. At the time of traveling, Infants must be more than 7 days and less than 2 years. Infant bookings are currently not available for Multi-City/Stop-over itinerary, please contact your local Singapore Airlines Reservation Office for booking assistance.
For US bound flights, Infant bookings are not supported if any of the sectors is operated by Delta (DL) or Alaska (AS) Airlines.
What is the maximum number of Infants that can be booked online?
Each infant must travel with a separate adult. Hence the number of infant travelers cannot be more than the adult travelers that are allowed in one booking on singaporeair.com. Infants are not permitted to travel with unaccompanied minors, minors, and children. If you are a single adult passenger who is traveling with more than one infant, then please contact your local Singapore Airlines Reservation Office for booking assistance.
Will Infants get a Bassinet? What if bassinets are not available, can I still travel with infants?
Infants, up to 2 years old, are not required to have their own seats. During the infant booking, before payment, you will be informed whether bassinet positions are available. If bassinets are not available then you can either reselect your flights or continue with the booking but your bassinet request will not be confirmed. In such cases, you will have to travel with infants on your lap. Please note that the bassinet request is applicable only to Singapore Airlines flights.
The bassinets used are 768 L x 298 W x 158 H (mm) in dimension and can support a maximum weight of 14 kg. In USA, the dimension used are 30.76 L x 11.96 W x 8 H (inches)and weight of 30.8 lbs.Infants who do not fit the bassinet size will travel on the lap of accompanied adult passengers. Only one lap infant is allowed per adult.
I am accompanying the infant; will I get a Bassinet Seat?
Each bassinet point is attached to a bassinet seat. If your infant gets a bassinet, then the adult accompanying the infant will also get a bassinet seat. Bassinet Seats are usually ‘bulkhead seats’ and come with an extra legroom. If bassinet seats are not available then passenger will be given a choice to select other seats.
There are 2 ways for your pet to travel:
- Checked as baggage for certain breeds of cats and dogs only.
This pet travel service allows you to check-in and reunite with your pet at the passenger terminals of your flight's departure and arrival airports. (This service is only available in selected airports.)
- Shipped as cargo
Please ensure that you have the following documents ready for your pet:
- Valid export/import permits from the relevant governments of your destination/transit countries.
- Valid health and rabies vaccination certificates from appropriate government authorities of your destination/transit countries.
- Any additional or special documents that may be required by governments of your destination/transit countries
- Ensure that your pet meets the appropriate quarantine requirements. Your pet may be subjected to quarantine on arrival at your expense. The quarantine period may vary, at the discretion of your destination(s).
Below are some of Singapore Airlines' kennel requirements:
* Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
* Be properly ventilated, but should not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
* Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
* Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
* Contain absorbent material or litter.