- Aer Lingus
- Aerolineas Argentina
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Caraibes
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Jamaica
- Air New Zealand
- Air North Airlines
- Air Pacific (Fiji Airways)
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Air Tran
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Bahamas air
- Bemidji Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Bulgaria Air
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- China Southern Airline
- Condor Airlines
- Copa airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Egypt air
- Emirates Air
- Eva Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- IndiGo Air
- Israel Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Malaysia airlines
- Mesa Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- SAS Scandinavian
- Saudi Arabian
- Singapore airlines
- South African
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Srilankan airlines
- Sun Country
- Swiss International
- Taca Airlines
- TAM airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukrainian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia Airlines
Virgin AmericaGeneral | Contact Info | Baggage Info | Traveling with Children | Traveling with Pets
Virgin America LinksAirline Code:VX Website:www.virginamerica.com Frequent Flyer Program:
eleVAte and First Class passengers can purchase access to select Virgin Atlantic Lounges.Virgin America Loft.
The airline has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
Carry on baggage
You can take onboard one small bag and one personal item such as a handbag or pocketbook, coat or wrap, umbrella or walking stick, camera or binoculars, briefcase or laptop computer case, infant bag, infant/child safety seat used to transport the infant/child. (If the child has a reserved seat and will be using the safety seat during the flight, it must be a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved safety seat.)
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 10 in x 16 in x 24 in
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 16 lbs and must fit in the overhead bin or under the passenger seat.
For all travel booked on or after February 12, 2010 for travel on or after March 1, 2010:
Checked baggage for Main cabin passengers
- up to 10 bags for a fee of $25 each.
- maximum size of is 62 inches (length + width + height) for all checked bags
- Bag one $25 (weighing up to 70 lbs)
- Bag two through ten $25 (weighing up to 50 lbs)
Main cabin select passengers
- 1st bag up to 70 lbs free of charge.
- 2nd bag and more up to 50 lbs and fee of $25 each.
All checked bags may have a maximum size of is 62 inches (length + width + height).
First class passengers
- Bag 1: Up to 62 linear in and 70 lb
- Bag 2: Up to 62 linear in and 50 lb
- Bags 3-10: Up to 62 linear in and 50 lb, at $25 each
Overweight Baggage Fees
- Fee for first bag weighing 71-100 lb/32-45 kg: $100
- Fee for bags 2-10 weighing 51-70 lb/23-32 kg: $50*
- Fee for bags 2-10 weighing 71-100 lb: $100*
- Bags weighing more than 100 lb will not be accepted.
*Fees are in addition to standard excess baggage fees.
Oversize Baggage Fees
Fee for any bag between 63-80 in: $50
Bags with overall dimensions that exceed 80 inches will not be accepted.
Children up to 2 years old (24 months) are not required to have their own seat. You must, however, inform Virgin America that you will be traveling with an infant on your lap. Lap children can only be held by passengers who are at least 15 years of age.
Only one lap child is allowed per adult. If one adult is traveling with more than one infant under 2 years of age, a seat will have to be purchased for each additional infant.
You can also choose to purchase a seat for your infant as long as you have the proper child restraint device.
What if my child turns 2 on the trip; will I have to buy a ticket for the return flight?
If your child turns 2 on the trip, you must purchase a ticket for any flight on which the infant will be over 2 years old.
Can I bring my pet with me on Virgin America?
Virgin America accepts cats and dogs in the cabin of the aircraft. Pets checked as baggage are not accepted.
Carry-on pets count towards a passenger`s carry-on baggage allowance.
Passengers with pets cannot be seated in the Main Cabin Select seats (either exit row or row 3) or the First Class cabin. Also on connections with V Australia, El Al Airlines, or South African Airways, pets are not allowed.
Requirements for pet travelling in the passenger cabin:
- Each animal should be carried in its own kennel (provided by the passenger).
- Pets must stay enclosed in their kennels while onboard and in the airport terminal.
- One pet carrier for each purchased seat.
- Puppies and kittens must be at least 8 weeks old and weaned.
- The total weight of the animals and kennel cannot be above 20 pounds.
- The passenger wishing to carry on a cabin pet must present a veterinary certificate dated within 30 days prior to departure that indicates that the shots are current and that the date of birth is listed and is verified to be greater than 8 weeks of age.
- If flying to the United States from Canada, a rabies vaccination is also required. For animals traveling to Canada, there are additional restrictions see International Pet Travel.
- must be no more than 18 inches long x 15 inches wide x 8 inches high and must fit directly under the seat in front of the passenger.
- must have proper ventilation, a floor designed to absorb and retain solids or liquids, proper fabrication to prevent the escape of the pet(s) and prevent any part of the pet(s) from protruding, and plenty of room for the pet(s) to move freely. It is also recommended that a soft sided case is used in lieu of a hard sided case.
$100.00 fee per segment to the price of your reservation for the transportation of each pet.
Approved carry-on pets include cats and dogs. Please call reservations at 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN or 1.877.359.8474 to make arrangements for traveling with pets. When booking your reservation, you will be advised to contact your veterinarian to determine stations or government requirements for pets to their final destination.