- Aer Lingus
- Aerolineas Argentina
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Caraibes
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Jamaica
- Air New Zealand
- Air North Airlines
- Air Pacific (Fiji Airways)
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Air Tran
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Bahamas air
- Bemidji Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Bulgaria Air
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- China Southern Airline
- Condor Airlines
- Copa airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Egypt air
- Emirates Air
- Eva Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- IndiGo Air
- Israel Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Malaysia airlines
- Mesa Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- SAS Scandinavian
- Saudi Arabian
- Singapore airlines
- South African
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Srilankan airlines
- Sun Country
- Swiss International
- Taca Airlines
- TAM airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukrainian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia Airlines
Taca AirlinesGeneral | Contact Info | Baggage Info | Traveling with Children | Traveling with Pets
Taca Airlines LinksAirline Code:TA Website:www.taca.com Frequent Flyer Program:
TACA VIPAirline Alliance: Magazine:Explore
Reservations from the USA: (1 800) 284-2622 (1 866) 998-3357TDD (Telephone Device for the Deaf)
Your baggage pieces will be measured on linear inches/centimeters (length + width + height).
- Carry-on baggage: 1 piece weighing up to 22lbs/10Kgs, and measuring up to 45in/114cm.
- Checked baggage permitted: 2 pieces, each weighing up to 50lbs/22Kgs and measuring up to 62in/157cm.
Baggage pieces that weigh between 51lbs/22Kg and 70lbs/31Kg, and measure up to 62in/157cm, have an additional charge of US$55 each.
Baggage pieces weighing more than 70lbs/31Kg, but less than 100lbs/45Kg; or measuring between 63in/160cm and 85in/215cm, are considered standby bags and have an additional charge of US$125 each. In this case, if the same bag is both, overweight and oversized, only one charge will apply.
- Carry-on baggage: 1 piece weighing up to 22 lbs/10Kgs, and up to 45 linear in/114cm (length + height + width).
- Checked baggage permitted: 2 pieces, each weighing up to 70lbs/32Kgs, and up to 62in/157cm (length + height + width).
Baggage pieces weighing more than 70lbs/31Kg, but less than 100lbs/45kg; or measuring between 63in/160cm and 85in/215cm, are considered standby bags and have an additional charge of US$125 each. In this case, if the same bag is both, overweight and oversized, only one charge will apply.
If you are traveling with any liquids, please take into consideration the following:
- Baby formula, breast milk, baby food, and juices in small containers if you are traveling with a child are permitted.
- Medications (including liquids, gels, and aerosols).
- Liquids, gels, and aerosols in containers not exceeding 3.4oz (100ml) each. They must be placed together in one transparent 1-quart (1lit) zip-lock bag, measuring no more than 8.3 x 7.3 in (21 x 18.5 cm).
The bag must be sealed and the contents placed so that visual or X-ray inspection may be done separate from your carry-on baggage. If any of the articles do not fit into a transparent 1-quart re-sealable bag and/or exceeds 3.4oz (100ml), you must declare it to the security personnel at the boarding gate.
Any liquids, gels, or aerosols not meeting the above criteria must be packed in checked baggage.
Travelling with infants
Infants under 2 years of age, traveling on an adult's lap, are required to pay 10% of the adult fare, plus the total amount of the security, fuel fees and international taxes. This discount does not apply to Business Class or if the infant is already 2 years old.
Please note that due to the reduced fare, infants are not entitled to a seat, baggage allowance, or food service. If space is available, a collapsible stroller may be accepted in the passenger cabin or otherwise checked as baggage.
Infant tickets purchased on TACA.COM must be bought at the same time as the responsible adult's ticket is. For purchases made through other sales channels, we strongly recommend that both tickets be issued on the same reservation.
For infants less than 7 days old, a medical certification documenting physical fitness for air travel is required for the infant well as for the mother.
If an infant requires a seat:
- He/she is required to travel with an adult-fare ticket.
- A portable baby carrier may be attached to the seat. This baby carrier (or car seat) must be approved by the Federal Aviation Association (check the back of the seat for FAA approval). Otherwise, it should be checked as an extra piece, subject to excess baggage charges.
- When traveling with an adult fare ticket, the infant is entitled to baggage allowance and food service.
Also keep in mind that:
- If you are traveling with two (2) babies: one infant may be held by the accompanying adult and travel on an infant fare ticket, while the other occupies an assigned seat and flies on an adult fare ticket.
- Baby strollers must meet carry-on baggage standards, or be included with checked baggage, which may be subject to excess baggage charges.
As a passenger carrying a pet, you are responsible for complying with all sanitation requirements and permits for any countries transited, as well as for the final destination. Only cats and dogs are accepted on international flights.
Trained assistance animals are permitted on board. According to safety regulation, a service animal cannot weigh more than 90lbs/41kgs, and it must be placed in a position that does not obstruct the exit for passengers in case of an emergency: under the seat, in front on the floor or next to you if there are enough available seats.
Pets in the cabin
- The transportation of pets in the cabin has a fee of US$80 each way, except when you’re traveling from or to North America (US, Canada), in which case, a US$125 fee applies each way.
- The container should be leak-proof, large enough for the animal to stand up and turn around
- Only one (1) container is allowed per passenger carrying (1) pet. The acceptance limit for pets in cabin is three per flight.
- Pets traveling in the passenger’s cabin need a confirmed reservation to make sure not to exceed the limit per flight; please contact Taca`s Call Center in advance of your travel date to confirm your pet’s reservation.
- Your pet must travel in the same flight as its owner and remain inside the container while on board the aircraft. Passengers traveling with a pet can not sit in a row with dividing panel or emergency exit.
Maximum permitted weight and measurements the container must have:
Weight: 13.2lbs (6Kg) – including the pet.
Measurements: 17in (43.2cm) of length x 12in (30.5cm) of width and 7in (17.8cm) of height.
None of the charges include taxes; therefore some local taxes may apply. These fees are subject to change without prior notice.