- Aer Lingus
- Aerolineas Argentina
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Caraibes
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Jamaica
- Air New Zealand
- Air North Airlines
- Air Pacific (Fiji Airways)
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Air Tran
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Bahamas air
- Bemidji Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Bulgaria Air
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- China Southern Airline
- Condor Airlines
- Copa airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Egypt air
- Emirates Air
- Eva Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- IndiGo Air
- Israel Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Malaysia airlines
- Mesa Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- SAS Scandinavian
- Saudi Arabian
- Singapore airlines
- South African
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Srilankan airlines
- Sun Country
- Swiss International
- Taca Airlines
- TAM airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukrainian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia Airlines
Sun CountryGeneral | Contact Info | Baggage Info | Traveling with Children | Traveling with Pets
Sun Country LinksAirline Code:SY Website:www.suncountry.com Frequent Flyer Program:
None. Interline agreements are maintained with China , Emirates, Condor and Emirates.Airline Alliance:N/A Magazine:Sun Country Magazine
Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a purse or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 45 linear in/114 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 35 lb/16 kg
No Free Checked Baggage Allowance
Bags checked at the airport:
- 1st Piece: $20 each way
- 2nd Piece: $30 each way
- Each Additional Piece: $75
Baggage pre-paid online up to 24 hours before flight:
- 1st Piece: $15 each way
- 2nd Piece: $25 each way
- Each Additional Piece: $75
Each bag must adhere to the following requirements:
Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
Maximum Weight: 50 lb/23 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees*
Fee for any bag weighing 51-99 lb: $75
Bags weighing more than 100 lb will not be accepted.
*Overweight baggage fees are in addition to the flat checked baggage fees.
Oversize Baggage Fees*
Fee for any bag between 63-115 in: $75
Bags with overall dimensions that exceed 115 inches will not be accepted.
*Oversized baggage fees are in addition to the flat checked baggage fees.
Traveling with Infants
Passengers traveling with infants may not use our online check-in service and must check-in at the airport.
Definitions and Rules
Children under two (2) years of age may be held on an adult's lap without charge. Please note: the number of infants in a party cannot be greater than the number of adults. FAA regulations require any child who is two (2) years of age or older to occupy his or her own seat during takeoff and landing. Be sure to bring along a copy of your infant's birth certificate for age verification.
If you purchase a seat for your child, you may want to consider using a FAA approved child restraint device (i.e., car seat) for safety. Some restraint devices have been banned by the FAA for use in planes and many devices manufactured before the FAA's ban may still carry a symbol indicating they are approved for aircraft use. For a list of safety recommendations visit the FAA Web site or call the agency's consumer information hotline at 1-800-FAA-SURE.
Pets in the cabin
Sun Country accepts small cats and dogs (16 lbs. or less) in the aircraft cabin on flights to and within the contiguous United States. Sun Country does not transport pets on international flights or on flights to/from Anchorage. Small cats and dogs are accepted conditionally and must not pose a hazard to the safety or health of any passenger or crewmember. The following conditions apply to customers bringing a small dog or cat (these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals):
- Only one pet per ticketed passenger is allowed.
- Advance arrangements are required and availability is limited.
- The non-refundable fee for a pet is $100 per flight.
- Your pet in its carrier is considered a carry-on item and must be included in your regular carry-on allotment.
- Only one pet per carrier is allowed.
- You must provide a carrier for your pet that does not exceed 16 in x11 in x8 in (length x width x height).
- Your pet must be able to stand up and move around in the carrier with ease.
- Only soft-sided carriers designed as pet carriers are allowed.
- The carrier must have a leak-proof bottom and be well-ventilated on at least two sides.
- Your pet must remain in its carrier and stowed during the entire flight underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
- When traveling with a pet, you cannot be assigned a seat in row one, the exit row, the bulkhead, or in the aisle.
- You are responsible for complying with applicable federal, state, and local regulations or ordinances related to pets.
- Sun Country Airlines does not have carriers available at the airport.
Pets as checked baggage
Starting July 22, 2009 Sun Country will accept cats and dogs as checked baggage on select flights within the contiguous United States. Pets are accepted conditionally and must not pose a hazard to the safety or health of any passenger or crew member. The following conditions apply to customers checking a pet as baggage; please note that these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals:
- A conditional reservation must be made for each segment. It must be booked with Sun Country Reservations and cannot be made at the airport or online.
- Pets are accepted on all domestic flights except Anchorage, Branson, Laughlin, Miami, New York, San Juan, and St. Thomas. Pets are not accepted on international flights.
- Pets are not accepted on connecting or multi-stop flights.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $199 per kennel per flight segment that must be paid at the airport.
- Passenger must travel on the same flight as the pet.
- Kennel and pet can not exceed a combined weight of one hundred (100) pounds.
- All pets are subject to TSA screening.
- Pets may not be checked in more than four (4) hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Cats and dogs must be at least eight (8) weeks old and weaned for at least five (5) days.
- No more than two (2) puppies or kittens younger than six (6) months, under 20 pounds, and of the same species may be transported in the same kennel.
- Animals transported in the baggage compartment cannot be in heat, tranquilized, or have signs of a pre-existing condition, illness, or evidence of recent surgery.
- Pets will not be accepted at curbside check-in, only at the main Sun Country ticketing counter.
- A maximum of four (4) pets as carry-on baggage and two (2) pets as checked baggage will be accepted per flight total.
Fees for pet transportation
Fee for animal in the passenger cabin: $199 per kennel per flight segment
Fee for animal checked as baggage: $100 per flight segment
Payment will only be accepted at the airport of the day of departure. No pre-paid fees are permitted.
Refunds are not permitted unless Sun Country Airlines refuses transportation of animal.
Sun Country requires a valid health certificate for each pet transported as checked baggage. Certificate must be issued within thirty (30) days of departure and contain the following:* Passenger’s name and address
* Name of pet and breed
* Signed and dated by a veterinarian, stating the animal is in good health
* A list of administered inoculations and any medication required
A Letter of Acclimation is also required. The letter must be obtained from a veterinarian and states the temperatures that the pet is accustomed to – most specifically temperatures less than 45°F. Letter must also state the lowest temperature that a pet may be exposed to – typically not lower than 20°F.
Checking pets as baggage is not permitted when temperatures are below 45°F unless the Letter of Acclimation states the pet is accustomed to colder temperatures. Additionally, checking pets as baggage is not permitted when temperatures are above 70°F for snub-nosed dogs and cats or above 85°F for all other breeds.
Sun Country can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.