- Aer Lingus
- Aerolineas Argentina
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Caraibes
- Air China
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Jamaica
- Air New Zealand
- Air North Airlines
- Air Pacific (Fiji Airways)
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Air Tran
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Bahamas air
- Bemidji Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Bulgaria Air
- Cathay Pacific
- China Eastern
- China Southern Airline
- Condor Airlines
- Copa airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Egypt air
- Emirates Air
- Eva Airways
- Frontier Airlines
- Gulf Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- IndiGo Air
- Israel Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Lufthansa Airlines
- Malaysia airlines
- Mesa Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- SAS Scandinavian
- Saudi Arabian
- Singapore airlines
- South African
- Southwest airlines
- Spirit airlines
- Srilankan airlines
- Sun Country
- Swiss International
- Taca Airlines
- TAM airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Thai Air
- Turkish Airlines
- Ukrainian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia Airlines
Turkish AirlinesGeneral | Contact Info | Baggage Info | Traveling with Children | Traveling with Pets
Turkish Airlines LinksAirline Code:TK Website:www.thy.com Frequent Flyer Program: Lounge: Airline Alliance:Star Alliance Magazine:SkyLife
The weight of the free luggage allowance depends on the class and destination. Each piece of luggage must not exceed 32kg.
Free Baggage Allowance
First Class - luggage up to 60 kg
Business Class - luggage up to 30 kg
Economy Class - luggage up to 20 kg
Infant (Age between 0-2) - 10kg+1 folding baby stroller (for each piece maximum dimension is 115cm)
Passengers traveling to/from United States of America and Canada are allowed to take the following:
First Class - 2 pieces, max 32 kg with dimension(length + width + depth) of each piece 158cm
Business Class - 2 pieces, max 32 kg with dimension (length + width + depth) of each piece 158cm
Economy Class - 2 pieces, max 23 kg, sum of the three dimensions of two pieces is maximum 273 cm
Infant (Age between 0-2) - 1 piece +1 piece of folding baby stroller 23 kg 115 cm
Excess Baggage Charges
Excess baggage charges are applied per kg and per item. For more info click here.
You can take in the cabin unchecked luggage and it must be placed under the passenger's seat (free of charge in that case) in front or in the overhead bin.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Business Class - 2 pieces with max weight for each piece 8 kg and dimensions 23x40x55 cm (each piece).
Economy Class - 1 piece, up to 8 kg with max dimensions 23x40x55 cm.
The control of the baggage you take in the cabin is made during check in or /and boarding.
Allowed items free of charge in the cabin:
* 1 overcoat or blanket
* 1 lady’s small hand-bag
* 1 small camera
* 1 baby stroller
* Baby bottle for feeding the baby in cabin etc.
You may not carry in your checked or carry-on baggage the following items:
- Briefcases and installed alarm devices; or lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic material;
- Explosives, amunitions, fireworks and flares;
- Gases (flammable, non-flammable, deeply refrigerated and poisonous) such as camping gas and aerosols;
- Liquids such as lighter fuels, paints and thinner;
- Flammable solids, such as matches and articles which are easily ignited; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which on contact with water emit flammable gases;
- Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching powder and peroxides);
- Poissonous (toxic) and infectious substances;
- Radioactive materials;
- Corrosives (such as mercury which may be contained in thermometers, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries);
- Spray containing an irritant or incapacitating substance
- Magnetized materials.
- Personal medical oxygen devices
Other Baggage Carrying Regulations
- Liquids may only be carried in containers no greater than 100ml.
- These containers must be brought in a single, transparent plastic bag (with ziplock) which is 20cm by 20cm in size and may not exceed 1(one) liter.
- Each passenger may carry only 1(one) such bag of liquids.
- Essential medicines (with prescription and original package) and baby food are permitted.
- Liquids: Water, syrups etc. creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, any cosmetics. (lip gloss, mascara etc.) toothpastes, shaving gels and foams, hair gels, spray deodorants, contact lens solutions, Shampoo, Jam, honey, yoghurt, etc.
All tax-free liquid items purchased at the airport duty-free shops must be in sealed, special plastic bag with the receipt.
Please do not open the sealed bag until the final destination. Otherwise, the content of bag may be seized at security check points.
If you have any flight transfer in European Union countries or in United States, all duty-free liquid items (over 100 ml) which have already purchased in sealed bags are not allowed to carry as hand luggage.
Children between 2 -12 age are required to purchase a ticket.
Children between 7 and 12 years old can travel alone. Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Forms are required to be filled in at the check-in counters and must be signed by parents or guardians. Unaccompanied minors will be taken to the aircraft by the boarding staff at the departure time. Parents or guardians should stay at the airport until the flight is airborne. At the arrival point minor is delivered to ground staff by the cabin crew. Ground staff helps the minor for passport control, custom formalities than hands over minor to authorized adult.
If you want child to be accompanied, the request must be done 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight. Babies under 2 years old are not accompanied by a TK staff unless the mother is traveling together. Escort service is given to children between 2 years and 7 years old. If escort service is requested for children aged between 7-12 cabin, attendant may be provided by the airline. For the children aged between 12-19 no escort service is provided, but cabin attendant may perform escort service if requested.
All costs are charged to the passenger.
Dogs and cats are accepted in the cabin if they have a valid health certificate, vaccination and entry permission for the country destination. The pets must be carried in the cabin in a private cage. Dogs such as American pitbull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Japanese tosa, Dogo Argentino, Doberman and Rottweiller will not be transported as a pet.
- There are restrictions on the quantity and species of pets, that is why a reservation is required for the carriage of such pets in the cabin.
- Charges apply for the carriage of pets is based on the weight concept. The fare is calculated by weighing pets including its kennel.
- The fare calculation for pets to USA, Canada and Brasil flights is based on the piece concept.
- If you take your pet into the cabin, the total weight of the pet and the cage should not exceed 6kg, the size of the cage must be 45x35x23 cm, and passengers are expected to provide the carriers themselves.
- If the total weight of the pet and the carrier exceed 6kg., the pet will be carried in the cargo compartment.
- There must be a tag on the pet carrier identifying both the passenger and the pet.
- The pet must be healthy, harmless, clean and odorless. If any suspicious condition is observed (uneasiness, aggressiveness, disease etc), the pet may not be accepted on the flight.
- The health certificate, vaccination certificate and identification card of the pet must be present during the check-in process and shall be provided to check-in staff when asked.
- Dogs assisting blind and deaf passengers can be carried free of charge in the cabin without any pet carrier.
- Each country has its own rules for admitting pets. Before traveling contact your Reservations or local Ticket Sales Office for detailed information.